mardi 28 janvier 2014

Connecting LG G2 to ethernet cable to use as a network port tester topic




Greetings all-

I am an IT professional and was thinking how handy it would be if I could just plug my phone into our wired ethernet network to test if a port, cable, switch, etc is working properly.

Goal: To plug my G2 into an ethernet cable and use one of the IP info apps (or packet sniffer apps) to do some network troubleshooting. Basically, I would want to know if DHCP is working on a port and what IP info the phone is getting.

I know they make ethernet testers that can be plugged into a wire for testing/troubleshooting purposes but these are expensive and can't do what an sniffer app can. Plus I always have my phone and can easily carry a few extra cables with me to make this happen.

Experiment: I bought thingy one and thingy two.

I plugged both of these into my phone and then connected the ethernet cable. I saw the link light come on, so I know there is at least some connectivity. However, I am not able to get any data to pass through to the phone. I set the phone to airplane mode (so it won't use any wireless networks) and try to access the internet and I get nothing. The G2 doesn't know how to use the ethernet connection.

Does anyone know how to make this work????

Thanks for any help you can provide!!





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire