mercredi 29 janvier 2014

I9505: Constant signal loss with XXUEMJ5 topic




My wife was experiencing severe problems with her signal dropping on a 2nd hand phone. When we got it, it had XXEUMJ5 but I didn't take a note of the radio version. The symptoms seem common to many people, but I haven't found an S4 thread dedicated to the problem. She started on the 3 service and we switched her over to a better T-Mobile deal. I haven't put this in a network-specific forum because the phone was unlocked and not polluted with the normal network crap - and we've been using it on both networks.

Her phone had been rooted, presumably before being unlocked. There was nothing else on the phone.

I performed a factory reset, and that didn't help. I did note that it started in German.

The German startup is consistent with the version of XXUEMJ5 that's in the wild. I obtained a new copy - which may have had a better radio - and flashed that. Now everything works. For reference, the ROM filename is I9505XXUEMJ5_I9505OXAEMJ5_I9505XXUEMJ5_HOME.tar.md 5 <-- no idea how that space got in there!

So if you're having the problem, see if reflashing helps. If not, see if replacing the radio ROM helps. Standard disclaimers apply: If you do it wrong, you haven't read enough about how to do it. Make sure you've read enough tutorials (more than 2) before you start.

All this advice was missing from the threads I've read - mostly people were taking their phone back only to be told that it was faultless and that it was being blocked by networks. We did suspect that the phone might have been reported stolen and were considering taking it back, but I'm glad that we haven't had to.

I might give XXUEML6 a try.

Good luck!





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire