mardi 28 janvier 2014

Installing APK files on TELUS/Koodo Moto G topic




Phone: Koodo Moto G with Motorola Android 4.3


I've seen a post or two about not being able to install Android APK files on the Moto G, and I've seen some solutions. As far as I'm aware, on this particular release of Android this is to prevent malicious apps from installing from SD memory, which makes a lot of sense given the amount of malware, etc. targeting Android. Anyway, conjecture aside, here is my preferred route to installing apk files (like f-droid), since I don't like ES File Manager, and I don't like random hacks which in all probability are just going to introduce another security hole anyway.

First, be sure you have enabled the proper settings under Settings --> Security --> Unknown sources.

Get root. This is mandatory, and why do you want to muck about away from the relative safety of the Play Store if you aren't getting root anyway?

Install a file manager built for accessing protected partitions. My fave is Root Explorer (purchased).

Open your "Download" folder on the SD memory (where your web browser will have saved the apk) and select your apk for copying or moving. Now open the root folder, and here you have a choice. You will need to create a folder in the phone's protected storage. (Delete/Move random files anywhere in here at your own peril!) For simplicity and security, I used

Code:


/data

. I then created a folder named APKs (/data/APKs) and moved my apk files to that location. Now your files are somewhere the operating system considers "safe".

Click, install, enjoy!





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire