This is a tool to capture screenshots while in Recovery or the Aroma Installer.
It's no big secret around XDA that you can use the program FFmpeg to convert your raw framebuffer file into a normal image file. I've found the values for the Nexus 5 and made a batch script that incorporates the programs adb, and ffmpeg; to save screenshots to your computer. I don't have a Nexus 5, but thanks to an XDA user, @ikslawlok, who posted his raw framebuffer from TWRP 2.6.3.4 on another website, I was able to get it working. Also thanks to @rootSU for testing in Philz, a CWM based recovery. This should work on all versions of Windows. I have only tested in Windows 7 personally. The process, as far as using ffmpeg and adb, used here is also possible in Linux. Some versions of ffmpeg for Linux are antiquated, hence there isn't really a write one script; work for all.
Why would anyone use this or do this?
Most people, that probably includes you reading this, have actually no use for it, nor can you think of a reason too. The uses of this are limited to people that write tutorials, custom recovery themes, and the rare event that you have an anomaly in your recovery and you can't describe it.
I owe a big thanks to @Whiskey103 with his work in this thread over in the HTC One forum. :good:
This rar file contains the programs adb and ffmpeg. This 32-bit version of ffmpeg is one of the newest versions available on their downloads page. You must have adb.exe, ffmpeg.exe, and the two dll files for adb in the same directory as the batch file. The easiest thing to do is just extract the rar to a new directory, then run the file named "RUNrsn5.bat" The screenshots you capture will be saved in the same folder that you unzipped everything in as 'timestamp'.png
Download Recovery Screenshot.rar


This is the only screenshot that I have since I used one framebuffer file for testing. I have more over at my 2013 Nexus 7 thread.
It's no big secret around XDA that you can use the program FFmpeg to convert your raw framebuffer file into a normal image file. I've found the values for the Nexus 5 and made a batch script that incorporates the programs adb, and ffmpeg; to save screenshots to your computer. I don't have a Nexus 5, but thanks to an XDA user, @ikslawlok, who posted his raw framebuffer from TWRP 2.6.3.4 on another website, I was able to get it working. Also thanks to @rootSU for testing in Philz, a CWM based recovery. This should work on all versions of Windows. I have only tested in Windows 7 personally. The process, as far as using ffmpeg and adb, used here is also possible in Linux. Some versions of ffmpeg for Linux are antiquated, hence there isn't really a write one script; work for all.
Why would anyone use this or do this?
Most people, that probably includes you reading this, have actually no use for it, nor can you think of a reason too. The uses of this are limited to people that write tutorials, custom recovery themes, and the rare event that you have an anomaly in your recovery and you can't describe it.
I owe a big thanks to @Whiskey103 with his work in this thread over in the HTC One forum. :good:
This rar file contains the programs adb and ffmpeg. This 32-bit version of ffmpeg is one of the newest versions available on their downloads page. You must have adb.exe, ffmpeg.exe, and the two dll files for adb in the same directory as the batch file. The easiest thing to do is just extract the rar to a new directory, then run the file named "RUNrsn5.bat" The screenshots you capture will be saved in the same folder that you unzipped everything in as 'timestamp'.png
Download Recovery Screenshot.rar
This is the only screenshot that I have since I used one framebuffer file for testing. I have more over at my 2013 Nexus 7 thread.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire