So this is something that I would really like to do but have put it off for a few reasons.
I decided that a Nexus 7 car install is the best option for having Android in the car. At first I considered buying an App Radio 3 and using AR Unchained to just mirror my phone on the head unit. But after learning that Pioneer's AR3 head units are less then stellar I decided to abandon that option. Besides, who wants to connect their phone to their stereo everytime they get in the car?
Next I considered buying one of those Chinese made head units with Android 4.2 but for some reason they don't seem to make any that fit my car. Not to mention that after seeing some pretty decent reviews of them on this forum I still feel leery about buying one.
So that leaves me with the only option of installing a tablet in my car.
Right now everything in my car is completely stock. I figured the best way to connect the tablet to my car's speakers is through the replacement of the factory stereo through an aftermarket one, possibly the Pioneer DEH-80PRS which I'm currently considering.
This poses a few problems, the current stereo is a double din so I have the space to work with. However I would have relocate the aftermarket stereo somewhere else. Either behind the tablet like some others have done or in the glove box, something I really don't want to do.
But by doing this I would lose access to the physical volume control on the head unit, I'm trying to figure a way around this but I haven't come to any reasonable conclusions as of yet. I do have steering wheel controls so this is an option, however it doesn't really help much when you have a passenger that want's to control the volume.
Next is the sound quality, I was really hoping that I could plug the Nexus 7 in the head unit through the USB port and have audio transfer that way like with an iPod. But from what I've researched online it seems that this is not possible? Atleast not without a custom ROM anyways, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Next issue is power, I've heard alot of problems keeping the tablet charged in the car. Is there a way to keep it charged even while using it?
Thanks
I decided that a Nexus 7 car install is the best option for having Android in the car. At first I considered buying an App Radio 3 and using AR Unchained to just mirror my phone on the head unit. But after learning that Pioneer's AR3 head units are less then stellar I decided to abandon that option. Besides, who wants to connect their phone to their stereo everytime they get in the car?
Next I considered buying one of those Chinese made head units with Android 4.2 but for some reason they don't seem to make any that fit my car. Not to mention that after seeing some pretty decent reviews of them on this forum I still feel leery about buying one.
So that leaves me with the only option of installing a tablet in my car.
Right now everything in my car is completely stock. I figured the best way to connect the tablet to my car's speakers is through the replacement of the factory stereo through an aftermarket one, possibly the Pioneer DEH-80PRS which I'm currently considering.
This poses a few problems, the current stereo is a double din so I have the space to work with. However I would have relocate the aftermarket stereo somewhere else. Either behind the tablet like some others have done or in the glove box, something I really don't want to do.
But by doing this I would lose access to the physical volume control on the head unit, I'm trying to figure a way around this but I haven't come to any reasonable conclusions as of yet. I do have steering wheel controls so this is an option, however it doesn't really help much when you have a passenger that want's to control the volume.
Next is the sound quality, I was really hoping that I could plug the Nexus 7 in the head unit through the USB port and have audio transfer that way like with an iPod. But from what I've researched online it seems that this is not possible? Atleast not without a custom ROM anyways, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Next issue is power, I've heard alot of problems keeping the tablet charged in the car. Is there a way to keep it charged even while using it?
Thanks
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire