A watch with an aluminium body is rather unique. There are generally good reasons for that. I wonder of any members here have had problems with the watch marking easily or not? I know some have had the internal watch part come 'unstuck' from the frame and this could be due to heat change etc.
I ponder why Sony chose Aluminium for the body? Apart from being easier to cast and shape its a rather odd choice of material for a watch.
Intrigued me to read from the Sony site the frame was indeed manufactured from this rather soft metal. Light, very light. The vast majority of watches use SS. Titanium is another choice of watch manufacturers BUT that is rather expensive and may well have near doubled the price of this watch. Titanium also marks so nothing really gained there.
Aluminium? Rare indeed.:confused:
Kind regards,
Ryland
I ponder why Sony chose Aluminium for the body? Apart from being easier to cast and shape its a rather odd choice of material for a watch.
Intrigued me to read from the Sony site the frame was indeed manufactured from this rather soft metal. Light, very light. The vast majority of watches use SS. Titanium is another choice of watch manufacturers BUT that is rather expensive and may well have near doubled the price of this watch. Titanium also marks so nothing really gained there.
Aluminium? Rare indeed.:confused:
Kind regards,
Ryland
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire