I got around to looking at some pretty powerful mobile devices, and found that the Lenovo K900 is pretty darn excellent. Its Intel Atom processor can be overclocked to beyond 2.2 GHz, and it has dual cores too.
Here's a short overview of the device:
1.Intel Atom Z2580 Dual core 2.0Ghz
2. 2GB Ram (LPDDR2).
3.Android V4.2 (not really a big make or break on PS2 emulation, but whatever).
I know this is not powerful enough for ideal gaming, but isn't it possible to port PCSX2 to Android and supported libraries, and manage to get somewhat emulation going and some games at low FPS?
I don't see why not ... I have heard of people using PCSX2 under 2.5 GHz processors on Windows, single core, and it was arguably "playable" to some.
Assuming this is not the highest-end smartphone in the market but still has pretty good specs, wouldn't a device a bit more powerful than this one come close to taking the cake?
In short, I believe PS2 emulation could be done on some high-end smartphones (like this one) now, just not "good FPS/emulation" yet.
Any rebuttal? The S5 from Samsung should be arriving soon, and they will be even more powerful. Somebody should help me port PCSX2, or at least create an open, community project to do so. As time goes on, updates can be made for the more powerful hardware in time.
Here's a short overview of the device:
1.Intel Atom Z2580 Dual core 2.0Ghz
2. 2GB Ram (LPDDR2).
3.Android V4.2 (not really a big make or break on PS2 emulation, but whatever).
I know this is not powerful enough for ideal gaming, but isn't it possible to port PCSX2 to Android and supported libraries, and manage to get somewhat emulation going and some games at low FPS?
I don't see why not ... I have heard of people using PCSX2 under 2.5 GHz processors on Windows, single core, and it was arguably "playable" to some.
Assuming this is not the highest-end smartphone in the market but still has pretty good specs, wouldn't a device a bit more powerful than this one come close to taking the cake?
In short, I believe PS2 emulation could be done on some high-end smartphones (like this one) now, just not "good FPS/emulation" yet.
Any rebuttal? The S5 from Samsung should be arriving soon, and they will be even more powerful. Somebody should help me port PCSX2, or at least create an open, community project to do so. As time goes on, updates can be made for the more powerful hardware in time.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire