samedi 8 mars 2014

[KERNEL] [4.3] [08 Mar.] ★ SimpleGX v1.0.0 ★ topic





WARNING :
THIS KERNEL IS ONLY FOR THE GT-I9300 AND ANDROID 4.3 (SAMSUNG) !






Here is the story…

Many of you knows already knows me from my older LiteGX kernel series (for Android 4.1.2 & 4.3).
This time for SimpleGX, I would like to be closer of stock than LiteGX by removing a lot of unneeded things which finally were not gaining any battery stat at all. I had to review everything from zero (once again !).

SimpleGX is only looking for simplicity and stability, trying to aim for best battery life, smoothness and performance experience, than a pure stock kernel.

SimpleGX will now abandon all scripts that I created for LiteGX (even if some of them are still compatible but not recommended).
I really would like to create back a kernel which was my main idea, a kernel “flash-and-play”, nothing to configure, no need to be a nerd, every newbies can have directly best battery life and smoothness once flashed. Of course that’s every kernel cookers wants, but I would not qualify mine as a real “custom kernel”, since it’s not offering any app to configure it and having much more opportunities, at the cost of many random instabilities (freezes, lags, reboots, etc).

There is many differences between LiteGX and SimpleGX, you will have to compare threads if you want to know them.
Of course, I really would like once again to give a huge thanks to my friendly devs (post #4) who helped me a lot during all this kernel learning and making adventure possible. I can tell also that Google is really a good friend, I confirm that ^^

I still don’t qualify myself as of a real developer, but just a basic person with some android/linux knowledge already.

As always, I’am enjoying sharing my contribution here on XDA for free, which taking me a lot of time to release, so if you can offer me a little beer (as I’am still jobless yet), I will really appreciate that and you will be added into post #4 ! LiteGX had more than 10000 total downloads, I let you imagine if at least 1 people gave me a single dollar ! ^_^


This kernel must be only flashed over an official Samsung ROM and not AOSP/AOKP !


Feel free to include my kernel to your ROMs / Threads but please don't forget to inform/ask first via PM and credit me in your original thread.




★ FEATURES (up-to-date) ★ :
Base :
  • Directly based on "GT-I9300_JB_Opensource_Update13" (XXUGMK6) JellyBean Android 4.3 source from Samsung (for clean work and stability).

  • Compiled with Cross Compiler (4.7.3) toolchain (optimized for Cortex-A9) with optimization flags.

  • Ramdisk from XXUGNA7.

Main :
  • PegasusQplus governor added (and currently as default).

  • ZZMoove (v0.7d) governor added.

  • smartassV2 governor added.

  • ROW (v4) optimized and as only I/O scheduler.

  • Wolfson Boeffla Sound (v1.6.5 drivers) compatibility.

  • hardcore mDNIe tweaks (for better colors + sharpness fix for better readability).

  • Touch-to-Wake (v1.1a) (enabled by default with 5 secs).

  • USB charging increased to 900mA (+ unstable power charging ignored).

  • Allow manual brightness to 300 candela.

  • init.d support.

  • frandom support (loaded as internal).

  • BusyBox v1.22.1 included in case of need (located in /sbin).

  • CRT-off effect friendly (early_suspend set to 100ms).

  • Native ExFAT (v1.2.5) support.

  • Westwood TCP congestion control module activated ((and currently as default).

  • TriangleAway support.

Various tweaks :
  • Stock ZRAM disabled.

  • "GENTLE_FAIR_SLEEPERS" disabled.

  • "ARCH_POWER" enabled.

  • ROW scheduler & blk-core tweaks.

  • Doubled min-max ReadAhead.

  • CRC disabled.

  • USB OTG enabled.

  • "Samsung Rooting Restriction Feature" removed.

  • Fully compressed libs ".ko" modules.

  • Automatic dalvik-cache wiping in kernel flashing procedure.

  • Automatic verification of android version during flashing procedure.

Features that will NEVER be included in this kernel :
  • Overclock / Underclock / Undervolt.

  • auto-root

  • LED control.

  • Charge control.

  • Master sequence (screen calibrated).

  • ABB (Adaptive Body Bias).

  • Any upgrade of Linux kernel 3.0.XX.

  • STweaks compatibility.

  • Dual-Boot Sammy/AOSP.

  • CyanogenMod compatibility.

  • MIUI compatibility.

  • etc.


★ PREREQUISITE ★ :

 




  • Any odexed or deodexed international I9300 Samsung 4.3 Jelly Bean ROM.

  • A custom recovery (CWM recommanded) to flash the kernel.

  • Be sure to remove any of your init.d scripts which can meet conflicts with the kernel.






★ KNOWN BUGS ★ :

 




  • Due to “instable power charging ignoring implementation”, USB tethering is temporarily broken.






★ SOURCES ★ :






Need supports ? all kind of questions must be posted on this thread directly. Be sure to read at least completely this first post before asking any question.
If you enjoy this kernel, don't forget to rate this thread stars, and clicking the 'thanks' button (right below) is always appreciated to keep this thread maintained ;)


LIKE MY WORK ?
OFFER ME A

!









Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire