Hey There!!
Just a little guide i threw together for all the new CANADIAN SGH-i257m S4 Mini owners out there who are looking to join the world of modded Androids :)
I found it quite difficult to track all the info down on Google over the last couple of weeks and have yet to find a CLEAR guide as to how to go about modding this specific model of phone, and unlocking its true potential so I figured I'd throw one up on here since everyone has been so helpful, so here it is!
* If anyone notices anything wrong or changes I need let me know!*
*Disclaimer*
First off I would like to say that I in NO WAY had anything to do with developing ANY of these methods that I am about to explain here, they are property of their respective owners, I am just placing them in a clear order for new users to follow so if anyone has any issues with this please let me know and i will fix it ASAP!
I also assume that you have backed up all of your contacts ETC on the phone to either the sim card or google or something. Its always safer to start from scratch and restore a backup right? :)
WARNING:
!*!*!*!THE METHODS EXPLAINED BELOW DO TRIP THE KNOX 0X1 WARRANTY FLAG!*!*!*!
If you are at all afraid of tripping the flag and voiding your warranty the please DO NOT continue as I, nor anyone else here are responsible for ANY damage or warranty issues you may run into after this. You are still able to flash a STOCK ROM back onto the phone but the 0x1 flag will always be there.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
Another thing I should mention is that although these posts/files are technically for the GT-i9195(LTE)/9190(3G) models, I have tested this on my personal phone and I assure you it works GREAT with no problems if you follow the instructions given.
If you DONT want CyanogenMod 11 and want to roll with the stock ROM, you can refer to THIS post. Just follow the instructions as if your phone is the GT-i9195/9190 :)
HERES HOW TO INSTALL CyanogenMod 11 and recovery-clockwork:
Heres the Original Post By arco68 at this link
1.You need to download 4 files to your computer (linked) and move gapps and CM 11 over to your phones internal storage
2. Turn off the phone.
-Press and hold home, volume down and power. A "Download" screen should appear (a big yellow triangle, youll know when you see it)
-Connect your USB cable, and press volume up to continue.
-Start Odin, and uncheck "F. Reset Time", and then click AP button.
-Select "recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.6-serranoltexx.tar.md5" file that you previously downloaded and extracted, and press Start button (Odin might seem like it hung up when you first load the file but just let it do its thing!! It eventually let you press start). The phone will reboot when finished.
-After the phone resets (it wil vibrate) IMMEDIATELY hold volume up and home buttons to boot into recovery mode. if you miss it dont worry you can always try again.
3. Once your in recovery your going to want to wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache
4. Now choose install from sdcard and navigate to the files we put on there earlier, and install cm-11
5. When that is complete install gapps the same way you installed cm-11
6. REBOOT PHONE AND PROFIT!
Thats basically it people. After that is HIGHLY suggest going and reading the ORIGINAL posts where i got all of this info from. If you have ANY questions about this im sure its either answered in those or can be answered here :) Feel free to post any feedback or questions and ill get back to you ASAP!
Enjoy your new rooted and amazingly awesome SGH-i257m :D
Original Posts:
[GT-I9195][ROM][Official][4.4.2] CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for S4 Mini LTE
[GT-I9190][ROM][Official][4.3.1] CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightlies for S4 Mini 3G
[RECOVERY][ROOT] Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (GT-I9195)
Just a little guide i threw together for all the new CANADIAN SGH-i257m S4 Mini owners out there who are looking to join the world of modded Androids :)
I found it quite difficult to track all the info down on Google over the last couple of weeks and have yet to find a CLEAR guide as to how to go about modding this specific model of phone, and unlocking its true potential so I figured I'd throw one up on here since everyone has been so helpful, so here it is!
* If anyone notices anything wrong or changes I need let me know!*
*Disclaimer*
First off I would like to say that I in NO WAY had anything to do with developing ANY of these methods that I am about to explain here, they are property of their respective owners, I am just placing them in a clear order for new users to follow so if anyone has any issues with this please let me know and i will fix it ASAP!
I also assume that you have backed up all of your contacts ETC on the phone to either the sim card or google or something. Its always safer to start from scratch and restore a backup right? :)
WARNING:
!*!*!*!THE METHODS EXPLAINED BELOW DO TRIP THE KNOX 0X1 WARRANTY FLAG!*!*!*!
If you are at all afraid of tripping the flag and voiding your warranty the please DO NOT continue as I, nor anyone else here are responsible for ANY damage or warranty issues you may run into after this. You are still able to flash a STOCK ROM back onto the phone but the 0x1 flag will always be there.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
Another thing I should mention is that although these posts/files are technically for the GT-i9195(LTE)/9190(3G) models, I have tested this on my personal phone and I assure you it works GREAT with no problems if you follow the instructions given.
If you DONT want CyanogenMod 11 and want to roll with the stock ROM, you can refer to THIS post. Just follow the instructions as if your phone is the GT-i9195/9190 :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arco68 Actually, the SGH-I257M and GT-I9195 are pretty much identical in every way. Unlike the US carriers, the Canadian ones didn't see the need to go about and change everything on it. The recovery and ROM's for the 9195 should work just fine on it. The only thing is that the model number will be set as GT-I9195. However, in latest CM11 nightlies I've added a routine which will identify which variant it is, and it will set the model number accordingly. :) |
HERES HOW TO INSTALL CyanogenMod 11 and recovery-clockwork:
Heres the Original Post By arco68 at this link
1.You need to download 4 files to your computer (linked) and move gapps and CM 11 over to your phones internal storage
- Odin 3.09
- gapps version 20140105
- recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.6-serranoltexx.tar.md5 extracted on your pc (YOU MUST USE THIS RECOVERY TO FLASH CM 11) just download it from that post :)
- CyanogenMod 11 Nightly LTE VERSION
- CyanogenMod 11 Nightly 3G VERSION
2. Turn off the phone.
-Press and hold home, volume down and power. A "Download" screen should appear (a big yellow triangle, youll know when you see it)
-Connect your USB cable, and press volume up to continue.
-Start Odin, and uncheck "F. Reset Time", and then click AP button.
-Select "recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.6-serranoltexx.tar.md5" file that you previously downloaded and extracted, and press Start button (Odin might seem like it hung up when you first load the file but just let it do its thing!! It eventually let you press start). The phone will reboot when finished.
-After the phone resets (it wil vibrate) IMMEDIATELY hold volume up and home buttons to boot into recovery mode. if you miss it dont worry you can always try again.
3. Once your in recovery your going to want to wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache
4. Now choose install from sdcard and navigate to the files we put on there earlier, and install cm-11
5. When that is complete install gapps the same way you installed cm-11
6. REBOOT PHONE AND PROFIT!
Thats basically it people. After that is HIGHLY suggest going and reading the ORIGINAL posts where i got all of this info from. If you have ANY questions about this im sure its either answered in those or can be answered here :) Feel free to post any feedback or questions and ill get back to you ASAP!
Enjoy your new rooted and amazingly awesome SGH-i257m :D
Original Posts:
[GT-I9195][ROM][Official][4.4.2] CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for S4 Mini LTE
[GT-I9190][ROM][Official][4.3.1] CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightlies for S4 Mini 3G
[RECOVERY][ROOT] Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (GT-I9195)
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire