Hy,
today I tried rooting my HTC Desire Z. Until today I didn't modify anything, it was like shipped three years ago when I bought it (no root, S-ON, but officially updated to stock Gingerbread).
So why I decided to root? I had a problem after updating all apps at once: the update process got stuck, I had to pull the battery. After turning it back on, it resulted in bootloop - no good. Tried a lot of things - nothing worked. Finnally I had to do a hard reset. Worked, but all data was lost.
So I decided to now root the phone in order to have the possibility to backup everything with nandroid - to be prepared for the next time ;)
OK, so I searched the net found a lot of infos and the wonderful downgrading guide by strawmetal as described on this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1178912
I followed all the steps, download all the files. Everything worked fine like described in the guide (I skipped the backup thing, as it is optional and I had nothing to backup). The problem occured in the last step: downgrading (page 10). I chosed method B: "fastboot downgrade". but finally I got stuck when flashing the StockRom.zip: everything seemed to work, but the process stopped with the line: " INFO[RUU]WP,radio,95 "
(output of my cmd-window here: http://pastebin.com/7n11dXJx)
I waited about an hour or so, nothing happend. I had to interrupt the command-window by "ctrl+c", pulled the lead and finally had to pull the battery too as the power button did not work either.
Tried to switch it on afterwards - but nothing, really nothing happens. Screen stays black, no LEDs, no vibrations, no bootscreen. Argh!
Did I kill it? Is there anything I can do? What did I do wrong? I don't get it...
I'm using Windows Pro 64bit and used the StockRom linked in the thread above (see post from 1st March 2014): http://cmw.cmfs.me/vision/stock/1.34.707.3/PC10IMG.zip. It was upped again after the original links did not work anymore. It says it is for Desire Z, but now I see it's another version (and has other checksum too): it's 1.34.707.3 instead of 1.34.405.5 which is linked in strawmetals guide. Maybe this is the problem? Unfortunately I can not post to developement section as I'm new to XDA...
Any help appreciated! Thanks!
today I tried rooting my HTC Desire Z. Until today I didn't modify anything, it was like shipped three years ago when I bought it (no root, S-ON, but officially updated to stock Gingerbread).
So why I decided to root? I had a problem after updating all apps at once: the update process got stuck, I had to pull the battery. After turning it back on, it resulted in bootloop - no good. Tried a lot of things - nothing worked. Finnally I had to do a hard reset. Worked, but all data was lost.
So I decided to now root the phone in order to have the possibility to backup everything with nandroid - to be prepared for the next time ;)
OK, so I searched the net found a lot of infos and the wonderful downgrading guide by strawmetal as described on this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1178912
I followed all the steps, download all the files. Everything worked fine like described in the guide (I skipped the backup thing, as it is optional and I had nothing to backup). The problem occured in the last step: downgrading (page 10). I chosed method B: "fastboot downgrade". but finally I got stuck when flashing the StockRom.zip: everything seemed to work, but the process stopped with the line: " INFO[RUU]WP,radio,95 "
(output of my cmd-window here: http://pastebin.com/7n11dXJx)
I waited about an hour or so, nothing happend. I had to interrupt the command-window by "ctrl+c", pulled the lead and finally had to pull the battery too as the power button did not work either.
Tried to switch it on afterwards - but nothing, really nothing happens. Screen stays black, no LEDs, no vibrations, no bootscreen. Argh!
Did I kill it? Is there anything I can do? What did I do wrong? I don't get it...
I'm using Windows Pro 64bit and used the StockRom linked in the thread above (see post from 1st March 2014): http://cmw.cmfs.me/vision/stock/1.34.707.3/PC10IMG.zip. It was upped again after the original links did not work anymore. It says it is for Desire Z, but now I see it's another version (and has other checksum too): it's 1.34.707.3 instead of 1.34.405.5 which is linked in strawmetals guide. Maybe this is the problem? Unfortunately I can not post to developement section as I'm new to XDA...
Any help appreciated! Thanks!
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire