vendredi 7 mars 2014

[Q] i9505: crazy screen, then nothing. Ideas? topic




I bought an i9505x from eBay, before realising that the "x" signified a shop display demo model, which has the SIM socket disabled.

I then bought a working, unlocked i9505 logic board from eBay to replace the dummy one.

I received both and the demo unit was in immaculate condition, booted and displayed "Galaxy S5, Live Demo" on splash screen startup. Everything worked apart from SIM of course. All sensors, camera, WiFi... everything apart from mobile networking.

I then swapped the demo board for the full logic board (and added the thin antenna cable that runs down the side of the screen as this wasn't present on the demo phone). The phone booted and received telephony and internet from both the giffgaff and three SIM cards I tried in it. Everything else worked.

I rooted/CWM'ed it and upgraded the ROM to 4.3 or 4.4 (can't remember which one) and it worked OK for maybe two days and I went to work. When I got back from work my girlfriend said it had been displaying green lines and dots on the screen so she turned it off and put it on charge.

I had a look and there were intermittent rolling pale green lines quickly moving up and down the screen on boot, with a few dots the same colour at seemingly random intervals. After leaving the battery out for 30 mins and putting on charge for 30 mins I managed to get it to boot into ROM and all seemed well until I tried to reboot and the lines/dots happened again, with the dots getting worse.

In a tiny font on the display it seemed to have a line of text, but as it was so small and scrolling about I couldn't read it. A couple of boots later and the screen is totally blank.

I've flashed a stock 4.3 ROM on it by guessing the download key combination, as there's no display for download mode. Odin responded correctly, showed a connected device and went through the ten minute flash process and rebooted the phone.

The phone now boots and makes the Samsung startup tune and once booted I get the volume adjust bleeps when I press volume up/down so I know the ROM has booted but the screen is totally dead. I even get the initial blue LED for a couple of seconds on boot.

I'm going to try swapping the demo board back in today to prove if the screen is dead or not.

If the screen is OK then could it be the GPU portion of the logic board?

If so, what are the chances of me swapping chips around? I imagine this would be an impossibly tricky job to do at home.

Thanks for reading.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire