mardi 18 mars 2014

[Q] Keep WiFi on for VoIP app on LGP500? topic




Hi, all.

This is my first time posting. I have searched the web and through this forum for an answer to my question but no dice. I hope someone here can help.

(By the way, I'm currently using the Oxygen ICS rom. I used to be on Oxygen Gingerbread, and I briefly tried the latest Kitkat build, but couldn't use as a daily driver).

Over the past months, I've transitioned off of my monthly cell plan in favour of a prepaid data add on + VoIP app (Fongo) for calls/texts. I WFH so my cell is on WiFi 90% of the day.

The issue I'm facing is that when I use the WiFi lock option in the app itself, my battery life dips down considerably. But when I don't use this option, I often miss incoming calls (the WiFi appears to go to sleep after awhile, even though I have WiFi set to be always on even when the device is sleeping).

As an alternative, I've tried many apps in the Play Store, such as Wifi Keep alive (Roys and Shantz), and Wifi Fixer.

I've tried them all individually and in combination with each other. They do make the device more efficient at receiving incoming calls while preserving more battery life than the above WiFi lock, but it's still not 100% perfect.

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions to improve WiFi connectivity when my phone is in sleep mode without sacrificing a lot of battery? (In the form of either an app, system setting, or alternative ROM to what I'm using.) I realize there has to be some impact on battery if WiFi is on, but given that Fongo drains the battery whereas third party apps are more forgiving on it, I'm wondering if there's a better solution/configuration out there.

I experience this issue in Gingerbread and ICS. I don't experience it in Kitkat, but the battery barely lasts for 6-8 hours.

I hope I'm explaining this clearly. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! TIA.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire