vendredi 7 mars 2014

[Q] List of Offline Gps with maps stored on External Memory Card (microSDHC) topic




I) PLEASE HELP,
II) THANK YOU FOR THE PATIENCE OF READING THE POST

This is the first time in my life that I own an Touch Screen Smartphone, which has Android in it.

Please give me some advices (how to install, how to set things up, etc) and suggestions regarding GPS offline software.

Last year, I got LOST IN THE WOODS in a MOUNTANS but I GOT LUCK as I had carrier network and I was able to use google maps on my phone at that time a Sony Ericsson Elm (not a rugged phone, it breaks very easy as is fragile, is not smartphone, is not having android, symbian, bada etc, as is a "java" phone but it has an online google maps and tiny gps reciver).

This saved my life. I got luck as I did find an area with no trees as the trees are "obfuscating" the gps satelite signal, and I got luck because I had an Carrier signal for internet connection.

However, if the scenario repeats and I got in the woods on the mountain again, or when I am driving I need an Navigation Offline GPS software with the maps stored on the external memory card. For getting out from the wood OsmAnd is okay, but is horrible for navigation.

The phone I have is Sony Xperia L, which has a screen of 480 x 854 pixels, 4.3 inches

I wish to install a GPS software which has the following characteristics:

- Maps Stored for Offline use On the microSD card (microSDHC), not in the phone or the internal sdcard memory
- Navigation turn by turn with voice guidance.
- Calculation of the route with no internet connection required
- 3D (bird's-eye view) mapping navigation mode

Till now I have found the following Offline Gps Applications but far now none of them dose not fit, or I don't know how to install and configure them:

1) iGO Primo for Android
2) Sygic
3) CoPilot
4) OsmAnd && OsmAnd+
5) TomTom
6) Google Maps
7) Here Maps (by nokia)

>>> Did I forget something, is there another Offline Gps Software <<<

1) iGO problems on Sony Xperia L, screen resolution. I badly wish this app but it dose't work. On the official iGO site they say something like this "iGO Primo for android is ONLY for the corporate business users, - not for home users like you god dammit :p "

-If I install iGO Primo for Android, when I rotate the phone from "Portratit" to "Landscape", the app remain in "portratit" and the buttons are not working, If I swich the phone back into "portratit" position the app runs fine again.
-If I put the phone in "landscape" and then start the aplication the iGo Primo for android gives the following error:

" User interface resolution [729x442] is not supported or compatibile skin can not be found. Exiting aplication. "

It dose not matter that I install the application from torrents (multiresolution .apk or optimized for a specific resolution, in my case 854x480 - Xperia L) or the version for israel from the official google play store - " iGo Primo Israel free "

2) Sygic
- I don't know / could not find the settings on how to move the maps on the microSDHC card that I have, or to set up sygic to read the maps from the External Removable Memory

3) CoPilot
- It seems that this app is storing the maps inside the phone memory (sdcard0) not in the external memory sdhc microsd card (sdcard1), with no seting to move the maps (like Syginc)

4) OsmAnd
- Is not having "bird view", BUT is able to STORE and "read" the maps from the external memory card
- UNABLE to calculate longer routes (more than 150kms)
- Is it very AWARD and HARD to input a "navigate to this adress", compared to others app

5) TomTom
- I was unable to find a tomtom app in google play store, on torrens, I did find only maps, and not the aplication byitself.

6) GoogleMaps
- It require INTERNET CONNECTION for route calculating
- It has some restriction, as you can save ONLY SOME parts of the map for offline use like a city / county but not all Europe+Uk & Usa
- It is NOT storing the maps on the microSD / external memory card
- I for a non-internet/not-a computer user, the menu of saving a little piece of the map is very well and good hidden (my old father for example)

7) Here maps from Nokia.
- It require am INTERNET connection
- Altrough it has a "saving" option like Google Maps, it dose not storing the map on the EXTERNAL MEMORY

>>>>End of the post<<<<





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire