Hello Everyone.
I recently bought a cheap Android phone to learn the OS. It is the MTN Steppa, by MTN, South Africa's 2nd largest cellular provider. I paid ZAR499 or about US. These are the specs:
Connectivity
*.HSDPA 7.2Mbps 900/2100 Mhz
*.EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900 Mhz
*.Wi-Fi 802.11 (b/g/n)
*.Bluetooth technology v 3.0
*.USB 2.0
GPS
*.A-GPS
Processor
*.Qualcomm Snapdragon processor with 1GHz single-core CPU
Dimension
*.121.4 x 63.2 x 11.8 mm (125g)
Display
*.3.5" 320x480 HVGA 16M TFT
Memory
*.1GB Rom + 512MB RAM + microSD (up to 32GB)
Battery (Standard) Li-on
*.1,300mAh
*.Talk time: up to 627min(2G),
*.up to 387min(3G)
*.Standby time: up to 642Hr(2G),
*.up to 421Hr(3G)
OS
*.Android 2.3.5 (Ginger Bread)
Download applications
*.Google Play Store
*.AppsFire
MTN Exclusive Apps
*.MTN ZA
*.AVG Anti Virus [Find Phone]
*.AppsFire App store
Integrated E-mail
*.Gmail
*.MS Exchange ActiveSync
Camera
*.2.0 MP AF Camera with
*.Video recorder
MTN Wiz UI for Android
*.3 Screens
*.Home screen
*.Hybrid Widget
*.Application Draw
Video
*.QVGA@20fps / WVGA@30fps
*.Codec : MPEG4, H.263, H.264
*.Format: 3gp(mp4)
Music
*.3.5mm Ear Jack & Speaker
*.MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+
Android Browser
*.Opera Mini web browser
LBS
*.Google Maps,
*.Navigation(Beta)
Sensor
*.Accelerometer Sensor, Proximity Sensor
Additional Features
*.FM Radio (RDS)
*.MTN Zone
*.2GO IM Chat
*.Google Products
*.Social Products Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp pre-installed
*.SoundHound and Word Search pre-installed
*.Tutorial videos
Android Version : 2.3.5 Kernel Version: 2.6.38.6-perf+
The phone is identified as Byd SP355AWG.
This phone is loaded with bandwidth-stealing intrusive ads that take up a quarter of the screen, and a boatload of crapware. I want to root this phone to remove the bloat. I have changed to the stock launcher but the ads and alerts persist. I have tried the following to root:
Some of these exploits were one-click wonders but many were CLI (ZergRush, pneuter, Gingerbreak, MotoFail, Rageagainstthecage etc). ADB and fast boot were set up properly. I can access recovery mode by pressing volume up and power. At the end of my trials, I learned about X-Ray For Android. Once installed, this app proceeded to inform me that all the vulnerabilities it searches for have been patched. Yippee! Just my luck to get a hardened OS. Is there any other way for me to root this phone? Thank you for taking the time to help me.
I recently bought a cheap Android phone to learn the OS. It is the MTN Steppa, by MTN, South Africa's 2nd largest cellular provider. I paid ZAR499 or about US. These are the specs:
Connectivity
*.HSDPA 7.2Mbps 900/2100 Mhz
*.EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900 Mhz
*.Wi-Fi 802.11 (b/g/n)
*.Bluetooth technology v 3.0
*.USB 2.0
GPS
*.A-GPS
Processor
*.Qualcomm Snapdragon processor with 1GHz single-core CPU
Dimension
*.121.4 x 63.2 x 11.8 mm (125g)
Display
*.3.5" 320x480 HVGA 16M TFT
Memory
*.1GB Rom + 512MB RAM + microSD (up to 32GB)
Battery (Standard) Li-on
*.1,300mAh
*.Talk time: up to 627min(2G),
*.up to 387min(3G)
*.Standby time: up to 642Hr(2G),
*.up to 421Hr(3G)
OS
*.Android 2.3.5 (Ginger Bread)
Download applications
*.Google Play Store
*.AppsFire
MTN Exclusive Apps
*.MTN ZA
*.AVG Anti Virus [Find Phone]
*.AppsFire App store
Integrated E-mail
*.Gmail
*.MS Exchange ActiveSync
Camera
*.2.0 MP AF Camera with
*.Video recorder
MTN Wiz UI for Android
*.3 Screens
*.Home screen
*.Hybrid Widget
*.Application Draw
Video
*.QVGA@20fps / WVGA@30fps
*.Codec : MPEG4, H.263, H.264
*.Format: 3gp(mp4)
Music
*.3.5mm Ear Jack & Speaker
*.MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+
Android Browser
*.Opera Mini web browser
LBS
*.Google Maps,
*.Navigation(Beta)
Sensor
*.Accelerometer Sensor, Proximity Sensor
Additional Features
*.FM Radio (RDS)
*.MTN Zone
*.2GO IM Chat
*.Google Products
*.Social Products Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp pre-installed
*.SoundHound and Word Search pre-installed
*.Tutorial videos
Android Version : 2.3.5 Kernel Version: 2.6.38.6-perf+
The phone is identified as Byd SP355AWG.
This phone is loaded with bandwidth-stealing intrusive ads that take up a quarter of the screen, and a boatload of crapware. I want to root this phone to remove the bloat. I have changed to the stock launcher but the ads and alerts persist. I have tried the following to root:
- SRSRoot
- Gingerbreak v1.2
- Framaroot 1.9.1
- Motofail
- Casual
- Universal GB Root 2.5
- DroidRazr Root
- Doomlord V4 ZergRush
- Droid Easy Root V7d
- SuperOneClick v2.2
- Mastermind Root A52
- Easy Root ZergRush
- Karbonn a7+ Root
- Z4Root
- PDANet V4.12
- Poot and Ministro II
- SuperUser
- Instant Root
- UnlockRoot Pro 4.120
- SparkyRoot
Some of these exploits were one-click wonders but many were CLI (ZergRush, pneuter, Gingerbreak, MotoFail, Rageagainstthecage etc). ADB and fast boot were set up properly. I can access recovery mode by pressing volume up and power. At the end of my trials, I learned about X-Ray For Android. Once installed, this app proceeded to inform me that all the vulnerabilities it searches for have been patched. Yippee! Just my luck to get a hardened OS. Is there any other way for me to root this phone? Thank you for taking the time to help me.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire