| a lot of people are saying Photoshop 7.0 (not elements is so outdated
| I should update that rather than partition my 2 TB Sata Hard Drive!
|
Most people don't understand partitioning. It's
simple. Just don't use Windows for it. I use BootIt
for partitioning, disk imaging, etc. It's well worth
the price. A lot of people seem to like Macrium,
which has a free version, but I don't know anything
about it personally.
In any case, leaving a 2 TB disk as one partition
is crazy. What if you lose Windows to a blue screen
or malware? If you have data partitions then your
files don't need to be at risk when Windows goes down.
An analogy might be taking all of your belongings
when you travel. You could get a big truck and pack
everything in. But why? The truck could break down,
crash, or be stolen. Then you lose *all* of your
belongings. If you just take what you need then all
of your other belongings are safe, no matter what
happens. (Of course, your house could burn down while
you're away. That's why you also need a second disk
and separate backup like DVDs or USB sticks. :)
| I should update that rather than partition my 2 TB Sata Hard Drive!
|
Most people don't understand partitioning. It's
simple. Just don't use Windows for it. I use BootIt
for partitioning, disk imaging, etc. It's well worth
the price. A lot of people seem to like Macrium,
which has a free version, but I don't know anything
about it personally.
In any case, leaving a 2 TB disk as one partition
is crazy. What if you lose Windows to a blue screen
or malware? If you have data partitions then your
files don't need to be at risk when Windows goes down.
An analogy might be taking all of your belongings
when you travel. You could get a big truck and pack
everything in. But why? The truck could break down,
crash, or be stolen. Then you lose *all* of your
belongings. If you just take what you need then all
of your other belongings are safe, no matter what
happens. (Of course, your house could burn down while
you're away. That's why you also need a second disk
and separate backup like DVDs or USB sticks. :)
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire