Hi guys,
Our college wi-fi has blocked Android, iPhone and Windows Phone users from connecting to the network. Laptops are able to connect fine. Upon noticing how they block devices, it turns out that they block the mac addresses, and they keep doing so even after changing mac address. Changing MAC address on a blocked laptop works, on mobiles, it doesn't.
What I understand is that the routers are blocking all mobile devices directly, is there any way I can change my android device to appear as a laptop? From all I've tried searching and understanding, with UPnP connections, this data about the device is trasmitted?
I would be very glad if anyone can help me out with this. Just for information, my mobile is a rooted Galaxy S Advance (i9070), and the routers are the Aruba 105s.
Our college wi-fi has blocked Android, iPhone and Windows Phone users from connecting to the network. Laptops are able to connect fine. Upon noticing how they block devices, it turns out that they block the mac addresses, and they keep doing so even after changing mac address. Changing MAC address on a blocked laptop works, on mobiles, it doesn't.
What I understand is that the routers are blocking all mobile devices directly, is there any way I can change my android device to appear as a laptop? From all I've tried searching and understanding, with UPnP connections, this data about the device is trasmitted?
I would be very glad if anyone can help me out with this. Just for information, my mobile is a rooted Galaxy S Advance (i9070), and the routers are the Aruba 105s.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire