dimanche 23 mars 2014

win 8.1 automatic repair endless loop topic




On Mon, 24 Mar 2014 12:06:27 +1300, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>About two months ago I bought an Asus laptop (F452E) with Windows 8
>installed. I upgraded to 8.1 with no problems. Since then I have
>loaded only two things, ESET NOD32 antivirus and a Virtual Machine
>running Harvard Uni's CS50 Linux Appliance necessary for a computing
>course. Everything has worked ok up until two days ago when I was
>listening to a BBC iPlayer transmission and following a live update of
>a cricket match. The VM was not running but it is possilble it was in
>suspended mode rather than powered off.
>The laptop froze and on trying to restart it never got to the windows
>login screen but after displaying the Asus logo went into a loop with
>the following messages:
>First it says"Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We are
>collecting some error info for you and then will restart..."
>Then it gives the message "Preparing automatic repair."
>Finally the screen goes blank for 15 minutes or so before going
>through the cycle again.
>
>I could take it back to Harvey Norman in the hope they will arrange to
>repair it for me but I would rather sort it out myself in anticipation
>of it happening again.
>
>I have googled this problem and found it is common but none of the
>advice I have found is directly appropriate to my machine.
>I can get into the BIOS ok but
>I do not have win 8.1 on a disk or thumbdrive to reinstall it.
>
>One suggestion was to hit F9 on startup and utilise the windows
>options there but all I see when I do this is a win8 graphic and
>request to "please wait" until the screen goes blank.
>
>I do have an external drive I could utilise to try a reinstall if I
>could get a copy of win8.1
>
>I would appreciate advice on how to proceed from here.
>How would I get on if I approached Microsoft to ask for a free
>installation disc?
>
>TIA
>Reg



No one in his right mind should every get Windows 8 its a complete
lemon..

Beta software..





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire