Just bought a chromecast... Like it so far.
I can cast anything from my Galaxy S3 that allows it; AllCast photos/music, YouTube app & Netflix app.
I can cast YouTube through Chrome browser. I don't use much else that could cast (HBO Go, etc,) via the browser. I can see the Chromecast from any device, and for the most part, it works flawlessly.
What I can't do irritates the living hell out of me, esp. since I can't find a reason why this doesn't seem to work for just me. Casting a tab in Chrome or the whole desktop will not work for me. I've tried searching; tried restarting, re-installing, reset to stock, checking VPNs, disabling the 5 ghz band from the router, re-installing Chrome, re-installing the chromecast extension. Nothing seems to work.
I press the cast button (extension) in Chrome (v32 I believe), and the TV flashes to a black screen, the blue cast icon appears on what tab I'm trying to cast, then after about 5 seconds, the red box w/ an X replaces the extension. "Unable to cast" is the reason. It tells me to check my connection.
I'm running a Windows 8 64-bit Lenovo laptop with updated Chrome. YouTube works through Chrome browser, but casting a tab won't.
I know this is a beta extension, but no one seems to have real big issues casting tabs. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for your input
I can cast anything from my Galaxy S3 that allows it; AllCast photos/music, YouTube app & Netflix app.
I can cast YouTube through Chrome browser. I don't use much else that could cast (HBO Go, etc,) via the browser. I can see the Chromecast from any device, and for the most part, it works flawlessly.
What I can't do irritates the living hell out of me, esp. since I can't find a reason why this doesn't seem to work for just me. Casting a tab in Chrome or the whole desktop will not work for me. I've tried searching; tried restarting, re-installing, reset to stock, checking VPNs, disabling the 5 ghz band from the router, re-installing Chrome, re-installing the chromecast extension. Nothing seems to work.
I press the cast button (extension) in Chrome (v32 I believe), and the TV flashes to a black screen, the blue cast icon appears on what tab I'm trying to cast, then after about 5 seconds, the red box w/ an X replaces the extension. "Unable to cast" is the reason. It tells me to check my connection.
I'm running a Windows 8 64-bit Lenovo laptop with updated Chrome. YouTube works through Chrome browser, but casting a tab won't.
I know this is a beta extension, but no one seems to have real big issues casting tabs. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for your input
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire