vendredi 21 février 2014

[Q] Weird wifi problem - always scanning never refreshing SSIDs topic




I've searched and seen a ton of wifi threads but couldn't find this particular problem.

Something is making my S3 wifi get stuck scanning constantly. This part seems to be a common problem; the weird thing in my case is that even though the phone is constantly scanning it is not refreshing the list of SSIDs. So even though I am home and it is scanning, it doesn't show my SSID or any of the SSID's in the vicinity. It shows a bunch of SSID's which it picked up at some point while I was out and it is stuck on them.

If I turn wifi off then back on again nothing changes. It displays the same obsolete list of SSIDs and keeps scanning.

If I toggle airplane mode then the phone actually refreshes the list of SSIDs and it stops constantly scanning.

Keep in mind that updating SSID's isn't totally broken. When I leave the house it's working fine on my home SSID. After I leave it is obviously updating the list of SSIDs for a while but at some point it just stops updating the list but keeps scanning.

Any ideas? I'm stock & rooted 4.3.

I feel like I've posted a million issues in the last few days. I recently got a refurb S3 from Sprint that is a complete POS. My old phone was rock solid until the power button crapped out on me.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire