Hey guys,
I'm new to this forum. A while back I found a phone in the gas station bathroom that I was working at. I kept it under the desk with a note and of course the camera watching it in case it disappeared without a customer picking it up. No one ever came for it and after 2 weeks (company policy) I took it home with me. Anyway, I've just been using it on my wireless internet and playing games, however my phone contract just ran out on my crappy verizon old flip phone and I want to go to straight talk and use this one.
So, I bought the Straight talk byop kit which includes a sim card for the phone, however, the SIM card that's meant for AT&T phones is too small for this one for some reason, however the TMobile one fits in it perfectly fine. The problem is that it's a tmobile sim card and I'm sure you all know that I need to unlock the phone to get it. So, last night I spent about 4 hours searching for ways to unlock it. I see it's possible to do it for free using the system settings phone codes, but the code combinations don't seem to work for me.
*#0011# - When i key enter 1 it doesn't do what the video I was watching says it's supposed to do.
*#9090# - Restarts my phone after I hit the what I'm told to.
There's another I tried however, I can't remember the code, it takes me to the debug menu, however option 6 isn't there to give me access to phone options or whatever.
So, I gave up as my laptop battery started to waiver around 10% and went to sleep.
Now, today, I hopped on and attempted to figure it out again, but got bored really quick, stumbling accross the same stuff I tried last night, so I tried rooting it thinking that getting admin access to my phone would make option 6 appear when I entered that number. I was wrong, but hey, I successfully rooted my phone so it's cool.
Anyway, I just want the SIM card to work. I really don't care if I have to unlock my phone or whatever, I just want my phone to be able to make calls. So if unlocking my phone works, please help me, if there's a way to get the super small AT&T SIM card to work, then that's be great.
I'm sure you need some of my phone info to help me out so here we go.
It's a Samsung S4 on 4.3 firmware, rooted. It's an I337 and the baseband version says I337UCUEMK2.
If you need any other information to help me out, please feel free to ask. I tried calling AT&T already btw, they said without a phone number they won't provide me with an unlock code.
I'm new to this forum. A while back I found a phone in the gas station bathroom that I was working at. I kept it under the desk with a note and of course the camera watching it in case it disappeared without a customer picking it up. No one ever came for it and after 2 weeks (company policy) I took it home with me. Anyway, I've just been using it on my wireless internet and playing games, however my phone contract just ran out on my crappy verizon old flip phone and I want to go to straight talk and use this one.
So, I bought the Straight talk byop kit which includes a sim card for the phone, however, the SIM card that's meant for AT&T phones is too small for this one for some reason, however the TMobile one fits in it perfectly fine. The problem is that it's a tmobile sim card and I'm sure you all know that I need to unlock the phone to get it. So, last night I spent about 4 hours searching for ways to unlock it. I see it's possible to do it for free using the system settings phone codes, but the code combinations don't seem to work for me.
*#0011# - When i key enter 1 it doesn't do what the video I was watching says it's supposed to do.
*#9090# - Restarts my phone after I hit the what I'm told to.
There's another I tried however, I can't remember the code, it takes me to the debug menu, however option 6 isn't there to give me access to phone options or whatever.
So, I gave up as my laptop battery started to waiver around 10% and went to sleep.
Now, today, I hopped on and attempted to figure it out again, but got bored really quick, stumbling accross the same stuff I tried last night, so I tried rooting it thinking that getting admin access to my phone would make option 6 appear when I entered that number. I was wrong, but hey, I successfully rooted my phone so it's cool.
Anyway, I just want the SIM card to work. I really don't care if I have to unlock my phone or whatever, I just want my phone to be able to make calls. So if unlocking my phone works, please help me, if there's a way to get the super small AT&T SIM card to work, then that's be great.
I'm sure you need some of my phone info to help me out so here we go.
It's a Samsung S4 on 4.3 firmware, rooted. It's an I337 and the baseband version says I337UCUEMK2.
If you need any other information to help me out, please feel free to ask. I tried calling AT&T already btw, they said without a phone number they won't provide me with an unlock code.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire