mardi 18 mars 2014

Been tethering for 6 years, finally got a notice from AT&T topic




I've been tethering for ~6 years now and have never gotten a notice from AT&T. I rarely use it (once every 2 months?) when in an emergency. I used a few tethering Apps back on the iPhone, and then I've always used CyanogenMod's built in tethering since switching over to Android without issue. I finally got a notice that says:


Quote:









Like you, some of our customers use their smartphones as a broadband connection for other devices, like laptops, netbooks or other smartphones - a practice called mobile hotspot creation, or otherwise known as tethering....

To keep your current plan you'll need to stop using mobile hotspot/tethering by the end of the month. Please remove any tethering apps and make sure anyone who uses your device understands your current plan doesn't include mobile hotspot creation.




Anyone have any tips on this? I use it very infrequently which is why I do not want to pony up for the plan, but I rely on it in case of emergency.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire