hi XDA members,
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9506) which is the Snapdragon 800 version running Jellybean 4.3. I rooted using: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2529064 and device worked fine for about two days. I was able to delete bloatware but after the second day I wanted to delete another bloatware app (Chat On) but was unable to do so. A message saying "Su binary missing" and when checked with Root App Checker the result came up as "Device is not rooted". I even tried restoring through CWM because I made a back up just before root procedure, but that went unsuccessful. The device went into soft brick and i had to take it to a professional to get the stock firmware re-loaded.
Can someone please enlighten me on why the device reverted to 'un-root'????
p.s. no custom ROM was flashed/installed....
thanks in advance XDA
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9506) which is the Snapdragon 800 version running Jellybean 4.3. I rooted using: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2529064 and device worked fine for about two days. I was able to delete bloatware but after the second day I wanted to delete another bloatware app (Chat On) but was unable to do so. A message saying "Su binary missing" and when checked with Root App Checker the result came up as "Device is not rooted". I even tried restoring through CWM because I made a back up just before root procedure, but that went unsuccessful. The device went into soft brick and i had to take it to a professional to get the stock firmware re-loaded.
Can someone please enlighten me on why the device reverted to 'un-root'????
p.s. no custom ROM was flashed/installed....
thanks in advance XDA
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire