jeudi 6 mars 2014

[Q] Using Rogers LTE on E975 topic




Hi, I've been trying to figure out how to do is, but I have hit a few road blocks. Hoping someone can give some insight on my problem.

I recently got a Optimus G E975 from my friend after I dunked my BB in water... She got the phone in Hong Kong and is unlocked. I have a LTE SIM card in the phone, however it is only fully functional under EDGE.

What I had done so far - minimal results:

Rooted the phone - successful :)

It stays on the edge network even when there is a faster connection available in the area.
Changed the APN to ltemobile.apn instead of the rogers-core

I went into the secret menu (*#*#4696#*#*) and forced it to only connect to LTE/WCDMA. When I do this, it connects to 4G but with low signal. Everything works except calling. I can text, surf and download, but I cannot receive or call unless I bring it back to EDGE.

If I am not mistake, it has something to do with how Rogers uses 700/2600 (band from E971) for LTE but the E975 does not support 700 only 2600.

My question is: Is it possible to flash the modem of the E975 so that it can use LTE properly? Even 3G (HSPA) will suffice.

Thanks in advance.

Additional Info:
Android Version 4.1.2
Baseband: AQP8064/MDM9x15M
Build JZ054K
Software E97510f-HKG-XX





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire