mercredi 19 février 2014

[GUIDE] {How To} Get Wi-Fi calling for AOSP/CM/Etc... topic




So, I have the need for Wi-Fi calling in certain places, mainly inside buildings, and I am sure I am not alone. This is not the perfect work around but does allow the ability to receive and make calls over Wi-Fi.

Before you start calling me an idiot and all, I do know this information is available on the internet if you scour hard enough, but I thought I would make it easy for those that crave the utilization of their Wi-Fi calling without the use of downloading apps and having to answer through them (cause it does suck, I don't care what you say).

This will in no way harm your phone, so there is no need for a disclaimer, but don't get all uppity with me if you can't figure it out from this guide. It is straight and to the point.

What you will need:
  1. A Google Voice Number

  2. A get on Sip Account found here.

  3. An IPKall Account/number found here.



How it works:

After you have set up your google voice, getonsip, and your IPKall account we will forward them in a specific order.


1st, get and forward your IPKall account to your getonsip account.

 









Next, we want to set up the phone.
1. Open the dialer app, and pull up the settings. Scroll to the bottom and click the "Accounts" button under Internet Calling.

 








2. Click on "Add Account"

 








3. Expand all the options and on a computer log into your getonsip account. Click on the profile button to get your Internet Calling settings. Fill in the blanks as necessary.

 









4. If successful, the account will register.

 








5. Set up conditional call forwarding under the Other Call Setting section by choosing the "GSM call settings button" from the dialer settings.

 








6. Forward to your G-Voice number using "Forward when unreachable"

 









And Finally, set up your Google Voice number to forward to your IPKall number. This requires verification, and important it rings to your phone first.

 








If you have followed my directions, you should now have Wi-Fi calling. Turn on Airplane mode, connect to Wi-Fi, then verify your IPKall number by picking up the handset when it rings and verify your google voice forwarding.

This does not enable SMS/MMS over Wi-Fi, but receiving calls only. If you really need to call out while on Wi-Fi, download the Google Voice app and have at it.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire