lundi 10 février 2014

[Q] 4G or 4G LTE with Straight Talk AT&T? Or any consistent data?? topic




I have had my Verizon Bionic working on AT&T with Straight Talk using ST AT&T 4G LTE sim for about 2 months now on stock ROM and a few custom ROMs, and phone and text have been fine. However, I've tried literally every build.prop setting/APN/default network/patch, etc. and I cannot get my data to a tolerable or even usable speed.

Most of the time download is less than 1 Mbps and upload stays around 1 Mbps. More times than not it doesn't work period, even when it shows H and a few signal bars. About 95% of the time the indicator and signal bars are white/grey. A lot of times there will be no signal or letter there, just the triangle outline. Sometimes I will see an E instead of the H but not very often.

My current network setup is LTE/GSM/CDMA auto (PRL), preferred network type under Mobile Networks is Global (neither 3G or 2G is selected). Experimented with telephony.lteOnGsmDevice=1 rather than telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=0 in build.prop this time around, which was the only change I made so I could edit/choose APN. I tried default as WCDMA preferred with preferred network type as 3G, but speeds then were 0.88 Mbps down and 0.75 Mbps up. I only recently tried these types of settings as I am at a loss. Originally was using GSM auto (PRL) (def net=3) and WCDMA preferred (def net=0) on stock and custom and was losing connection altogether quite often (triangle with the red circle), but download speed was higher than it is now, when it did work.

Don't know if this is relevant, but phone testing always brings back Fail: IP addr not reachable or unknown but host name and HTTP client test PASS.

Shouldn't I be able to get at least H+ and have consistent data or am I thinking my phone can do something it cannot?
It sounds as if other people are able to get at least 3G with no problems?
Does my phone just suck? Am I just an idiot? Or all of the above?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire