mardi 18 mars 2014

[Q] USB Tethering without data connection topic




Hi,

Using Android 4.0.4 on an AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note (SGH-I717).

I'm trying to set up a simple network between a computer and the android. This is because the android will access a web page on the computer. Unfortunately I don't have the option of rooting the phone. I've been trying to get USB tethering enabled without a SIM card or wifi connection but it always bugs me with a message "Insert SIM card to access network services". I've tried a couple of apps that try to enable it for you (Tether It, Tasker), but they do not work.
I note that tethering will work if you start with WiFi connected to an access point, enable tethering, then disconnect WiFi, but that's not good enough here because I may not have anything to connect to. I need to just be able to hit a button somewhere and have it work with no data connection.

Is this generally possible (even by writing an app)?

As an alternative, I know I can do a hotspot without data connection via "Hotspot Control", but it does not stay connected reliably (it may drop out after about 2 hours and this must run unattended). I think the unreliability is either the fault of the phone or the app. I haven't found any other hotspot apps that work without data.

I'm also aware that there are USB-powered WiFi routers that can be used but I'd like to look into USB tethering and android hotspots first.

Any ideas?

Thanks





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire