lundi 24 février 2014

ROMs for Global/GSM roaming topic




Hi everyone,

I have a d2vzw running Carbon ROM Kitkat. I spent the weekend back in the UK and enabled global mode, which connected to Vodafone's GSM/HSDPA network using the original Verizon SIM. So I had phone and SMS service - no problems at all.

However, I couldn't get a data connection. It was connected to the HSDPA network (enhanced 3G). Under Settings-->More...-->Mobile networks there is the option ("Access Point Names") to choose an APN. However, none showed up. I tried to add an APN manually, but as soon as I set Vodafone's MCC and MNC, it refused to save the APN info.

Oddly enough, the correct APN settings are all on the phone in Carbon ROMs "apns-conf.xml" file, they're just not showing up.

I tried everything to remedy this, but no luck.

So, here are two questions to harvest your collective wisdom:

First, is there a solution to this? I like Carbon ROM, but I have to have global data access for my work. If I can get my d2vzw running Carbon connected to international GSM networks and APN for internet, then I'd really like to.

Second, does anyone know of a KitKat ROM that DOES do this properly on the d2vzw?

Thank you so much,

M





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire